Pages

08 December 2011

baby, it's cold outside

Finally!  It sort of kind of feels like winter in New York City.  This is the first day in many days that I actually needed to bust out tights, a hat & scarf and a proper wool coat.  I also wore a sweater vest in true librarian chic style (sorry no pic, I forgot my camera at home.)  In honor of the seasonally appropriate temperature (and my girl Vanessa's 30th birthday - love you!) I'll be indulging in one of my favorite winter traditions tonight - a hot toddy!


warm up with a hot toddy -
1 shot of bourbon (Wild Turkey is my fave)
1 tbsp honey
boiling water to fill the glass
orange slices
1 cinnamon stick
1 few cloves
1 star anise
you can add a tea bag if you want a little caffeine boost - 
I like chai because it adds to the spiciness of the drink

No comments:

Post a Comment