Pages

23 February 2012

vocab trendsetter

I've always considered myself a bit of a trendsetter.  Whether it's music, fashion, actions or tastes I like to imagine that I'm usually a little ahead of the curve... of course it doesn't hurt that I work alongside super trendy teens and tweens all day.  But even if I'm not the hippest most up-to-date gal in town I can be certain that I have a vocabulary and way of speaking that is all my own.  I use a lot of nonsense words, I try not to curse, people laugh at plenty of the jibberish that comes out of my mouth and I'm totally ok with that.  One of my favorite nonsense words to use is amazeballs.  I'm sure I've used it here on the blog before because it's a word I use to describe something I really enjoy or think is super duper like 'this chocolate peanut butter milkshake is amazeballs!'

Well, whadayaknow?  Someone else is using my word.  And now they're getting a cereal based on their use of that word... and taking all the credit!  According to about eight billion different news sources (must be a slow day,) 90s British rocker Tim Burgess of The Charlatans tweeted something about creating a cereal called 'Totes Amazeballs'.  I try to refrain from using the word 'totes' in my everyday speech (it makes me sound too much like the kids I teach,) but my dialogue is peppered with use of 'amazeballs' daily if not hourly.  I guess I'm not the only person who uses the best word in the world, even though quite a few people had never heard of it before I started yammering on.  Maybe I need to come up with a new fantastic word to describe super rad things that I encounter in my life... but this time I'll be sure to copyright it, or trademark it, or somehow be sure to make it known that it's my word.  Maybe I should just suck it up and get on Twitter so that my linguistic choices get famous, too.  But in the meantime I'll continue being my awesomely hip self and rely on my mom and Aunt Donna (who also happened upon one of the news articles; is there really nothing else going on in the world?) to remind me that I am a totally unique and awesome gal.  And I just hope that if any of my lovely readers happen upon a box of Kellogg's Totes Amazeballs cereal when they start mass producing it, that they'll make sure to pick me up a box!

No comments:

Post a Comment