Pages

05 February 2012

in a lynch-ian kinda mood

There must be something in the air that makes all of these Lynch-like things keep popping up in my life.  One of my top five favorite shows of all time is for sure Twin Peaks.  Now, Twin Peaks was a lot of things, but it was never cheesy.  So imagine my surprise when perusing the cheese selections at the Brooklyn Kitchen, I came across Big Ed's farm style gouda.  I hadn't realized that Ed ventured out of the gas station business and into the production of cheese but apparently he's been busy making some delicious, creamy cheese.  Well done, Big Ed!  I've been slicing off bits of this buttery chunk o' cheese to eat with crackers and sliced pears.  I shredded a bit to top off an omelet with crispy bacon, avocado and red onion.  But I'm looking to use the last little bit in something totally worthy of being served up at the Double R Diner.  Any thoughts?  Dearest readers, I'm calling you in for this one.  Toss some ideas my way of the best dish you can come up with using Big Ed's gouda cheese - breakfast, lunch, dinner, late night snack, it's diner food so any cuisine or mealtime is acceptable.  Also, I'd like to have a Twin Peaks dress up party, but that's for another time... for now, let's focus on the food.


No comments:

Post a Comment