Pages

03 November 2011

three days left to enter the costume contest!

would it really be fair if that girl batgirl won?
I'm starting to get the feeling that y'all think you're too cool to dress up for Halloween.  So maybe most of you are a little too old to go door to door and beg for candy but there is no such thing as too old to rock a Halloween costume!  In fact, the older you get, the more opportunities you have to wear really really awesome costumes - scandalous characters, pop culture references, seductive vixens (not skanky though, that's never okay.)  I've only gotten a couple of submissions to the big contest so far and I'm not sure if it's fair that the winner might just be my roomie... you know, the gal that gets to listen to my awesome megamix whenever she wants and is my go-to taste tester?  So get your butts in gear and start sending those costume contest submissions my way [jillian.matos@gmail.com]!  I'll even throw you a bone and allow you to submit pictures of your kids or pets and enter their cool costumes if you were too lame to dress up yourself.  But know that if you do that, I will make sure said kiddie or pet gets the best of the prize, yeah I'll find a way to do that.  So come on, you only have three days left!!!  And I'm working on some mighty delicious new cookie recipes for that lucky grand prize winner... I'm thinking peanut butter, or molasses, maybe oatmeal or vanilla and almonds.  Whatever I decide on, it's sure to be scrumptious so get those entries in!

On a side note, it's starting to get really chilly.  Not shut all the windows chilly, but throw another blanket on the bed chilly.  This means that soup season is upon us!  One of my favorite things to do on a chilly weekend day is to throw a bunch of random ingredients into my dutch oven and slow cook the crap out of it.  Stews, soups, chilis, chowders, I love them all and can't wait to start heating up some new recipes.  My brain and belly are already working on a few new flavor combos.  Also, football season is in full swing and I've yet to make any tailgate worthy foods.  Shame on me!  Stay tuned for some serious snackage that's sure to score.

I've also started planning for Thanksgiving.  Though my t-day plans are yet to be determined, the menu is nearly finalized.  Even though I probably won't be in charge of the whole shebang since I'm sure wherever I end up the feast will be a combined effort, I will end up making nearly the entire traditional feast for myself because that's how much I like leftovers.  Leftovers and challenges.  But, to be honest, I may not end up blogging it all because admitting to eating an entire Thanksgiving spread on my own is kind of embarasing... granted I just told the entire world wide web about it so maybe I should just get over it and share every menu item I come up with!  Then again, maybe I won't.  But you can bet your bottom dollar that you will be seeing an appetizer, a side, a dessert and a cocktail.  Only 3 more weeks til the big day!

So folks, send over your contest submissions (or anything else you feel like sharing - a recipe, a kind word) and keep your fingers crossed that I deem your Halloween getup more awesome than the rest.  And rev up your engines for the next super amazingly awesome holiday - Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment