Pages

06 July 2011

three thank yous

In case you haven't noticed, I've been venturing further into the delirious than I have the kitchen in this little blog world.  I'm trying to keep it balanced, but it's also really, really hot here at the sweet spot and turning on the oven or the stove is becoming more painful as the summer goes on.  Cold, summer recipes are a challenge, a challenge I've accepted, but the recipes are going to be a bit further apart since green salads fill the voids rather than the soups and casseroles of our chillier months.  With that in mind, I'd like to thank a trio of superfab folks tonight...

Thank you to Monika of Iggy's Keltic Lounge who's always ready with the perfect pour.  The first bar I ever visited in NYC is still one of my favorites - fantastic bartenders, awesome jukebox, and just dirty enough to capture a genuine Lower East Side feel without being too gnarly.

Muchas gracias to Emmanuel for the delicious dinner/dessert .  Seriously, who doesn't love a Magnolia Bakery cupcake after an evening of bikes and brews?  So many choices though, pistachio or German chocolate?  My vote was both, plus a special surprise in the form of a chocolate peanut butter bar.  Sounds like my next three meals are covered... but not without a little sneaky bite first!

a safe ride home deserves German chocolate!

And an extra special thanks to my gal pal, Paula.  Our super fab and dressy ladies night was so much fun!  Floral dresses and wedges on bikes were just what this Tuesday evening ordered.  You're awesome and I'm pumped to party down with you again during our summer of being broke and loving it!  Our Friday night dinner party is sure to be among my future ramblings... I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment