Pages

20 July 2011

kind of a big deal

So, remember a while back I made those kick ass beer & pretzel caramels for my daddy-o?  Well, at the suggestion of one of the guinea pig tasters at the Brooklyn Kitchen, I sent my recipe and blog post along to the nice folks at the Brooklyn Brewery.  Well, not long after I sent it their way, I got an email back asking if I'd mind if they included on their website's blog.  Would I mind?!?  Heck no!  I immediately wrote back saying that I'd absolutely lovelovelove to have them share my recipe with the entire beer drinking world.  After some patient waiting (and obsessively checking their website) they posted my recipe!  I feel kind of famous now.  Check it out - baby j on brooklyn brewery!

Has anyone seen this awesomely nerdy food chain from Lapham's Quarterly (via the Huffington Post)?  It's this awesome chart that traces the roots and histories of tomatoes, black pepper and coffee.  Bet you didn't know that Ramses II was buried with peppercorns in his nostrils.  Or that tomatoes originated in Peru as cherry-sized tomatoes.  Check it out and slaughter the competition in your next game of Jeopardy or Trivial Pursuit - I'll take History of Coffee for 800!

NBC has compiled this super fun video of Ron Swanson of Parks and Recreation fame.  He loves food almost as much as I do.   Check out Swanson vs. Food and decide who wins... then take me into consideration and imagine a challenge between me and the amazing Ron!  I bet I could devour more than him any day; food cowers in fear when I'm around.  Though he gets bonus awesome points because he was once married to a librarian, I am a librarian and I love food.  Tough competition.

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate your post and you explain each and every point very well.Thanks for sharing this information.And I’ll love to read your next post too.

    ReplyDelete