Pages

22 August 2011

almond joyful

Since I had a relatively healthy day, walked all the way home from work and then topped it off with a run this evening, I wanted to blog about something not so good for you.  If you've read some of my previous posts, I'm sure you've come to notice that there are a few treats that I truly love and that one of those treats is candy, especially chocolate.  I also have a great taste for nuts.  Mix chocolate and nuts together and I'm a very happy lady.  How about another twist?  Make it tropical!  Yup, I'm talking about the always delicious Almond Joy.

But sometimes a candy bar just isn't enough.  That's when you need to take your favorite candy bar an turn it into a batch of delicious cupcakes!  And I did just that.  So here you are, my recipe for scrumptiously satisfying Almond Joy cupcakes.  Try to eat just one... it's impossible.

almond joy cupcakes
cupcakes
ingredients
2/3 c unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 c packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 c milk
1/2 c almond meal
1 c flour, sifted
1/2 c dutch processed cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
directions
1. Preheat the oven to 300 and fill a cupcake tin with liners or grease the tin.  In a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until creamy.  Add eggs one at a time, mixing completely.
2. Add milk and almond meal, quickly blending on a medium speed.  
3. Sift together the cocoa powder, flour and baking powder.  Add to the wet mix 1/4 c at a time mixing well so that there are no clumps or dry spots.
4. Spoon mix into the cupcake tins, filling about 3/4 of the way.  Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Let completely cool on a rack before icing.
icing
ingredients
1/2 c butter, softened
3 c confectioners sugar
1 tsp coconut extract
1 c shredded coconut
2 tsp milk
directions
1. Mix all ingredients together in a mixer until smooth and creamy.



No comments:

Post a Comment