Pages

28 September 2012

a toll is a toll, and a roll is a roll

The other day, this conversation occurred between me and my honey -

Food Robin Hood!?!  I don't know if I should take offense to that or be flattered because Robin Hood was pretty rad.  Sure, I might take home some leftovers from work, a sandwich here and there, nobody wants to see it go to waste!  It's part of my charming frugality.  Thanks to me, neither of us has had to buy lunch for nearly a month.  And buying lunch every day can be super expensive so when you think about it, that's a lot of money we've saved up.  Money that we can spend on a fabulous vacation (more on that to come!)  Still, I thought calling me a food Robin Hood was a bit extreme; I hate to say it, but it's more like freeganism or dumpster diving if you think about.  Though when I thought about a little more, neither of those sound any better so I suppose I could deal with being a Robin Hood.  In fact, I think it's kind of awesome... and when I emptied out my bag of goodies last night, I realized that, maybe it was kind of true!

"we never rob. we just sort of borrow a bit from those who can afford it."

No comments:

Post a Comment